WiFi allows computers, smartphones, or other devices to connect to the internet or communicate with one another wirelessly within a given area.
To access WiFi on your Android, your phone has to be connected to a WiFi connection. You have to use a password to get connected. You might also want to share that password with your friend. In case you have saved the WiFi network but have forgotten the password, what do you do?
Usually, Android phones save the password when you connect them to a Wi-Fi network. Afterward, you can find and use your saved passwords to connect other devices to your network. Read on to find out as we reveal how to get Android to show those network passwords.
READ ALSO: How to block that annoying someone on iPhone | brommickdigital
To accomplish this task, you do not have to root your phone or use a third-party app. All you have to do is tap an option in your phone’s Settings app, and you will see the password for each saved network.
It is important to keep in mind that you will have to authorize yourself using your fingerprint or PIN to reveal the saved passwords.
ALSO READ: How to easily encrypt your files | brommickdigital
How to view Saved Wi-Fi Passwords on Android
- To show your saved passwords, launch Settings on your Android phone first. Remember that the steps below will slightly vary depending on the phone model you have.
- Secondly, In Settings, choose “Wi-Fi & Network.”
- Thirdly, on the “Wi-Fi & Network” page, select “Wi-Fi.”
- Fourthly, tap “Saved Networks” to view your saved wireless networks.
- Then, on the network list, find and tap your Wi-Fi network. Then, on the page that follows, choose “Share.”
- Afterward, authenticate yourself using your fingerprint or PIN. Then, you’ll see a QR code on your screen.
- Lastly, right beneath the QR code, next to “Wi-Fi password,” you’ll find your selected network’s password.
ALSO READ: What new features are in Windows 11 | brommickdigital
That is it, you can now use this password to connect your other devices to your wireless network.
Alternatively, another way to do that is to scan the QR code with your other device and it’ll connect to your network. I recently used this method and it is efficient.