For desktop and laptop computers, Windows is the most used at 76% —Wikipedia. On the other hand, chrome OS usage statistics are at 10% — statista.
Windows and Chromebook are both operating systems that can be used on personal computers. However, they differ in a number of ways:
- Compatibility: Windows is a widely-used operating system that is compatible with a wide range of software and hardware. Chromebooks are optimized for use with web-based apps and may not be compatible with all software and hardware.
- Ecosystem: Windows computers typically have access to a larger range of apps and games through the Microsoft Store and other sources. Chromebooks are primarily designed for use with web-based apps and have a smaller selection of native apps and games.
- Security: Both Windows and Chromebook have security measures in place to protect against viruses and other threats. However, Chromebooks are generally considered to be more secure because they use a secure boot process, automatic updates, and sandboxing to protect against malware.
- Cost: Windows computers can range in price from budget-friendly options to high-end systems, while Chromebooks tend to be more affordable overall.
- Performance: The performance of a computer running Windows or Chromebook will depend on the specific hardware and software configuration. In general, Windows computers may offer more powerful hardware options and may be better suited for resource-intensive tasks, while Chromebooks are optimized for web-based applications and may be more efficient for everyday use.
Ultimately, the choice between a Windows computer and a Chromebook will depend on your specific needs and preferences.
ALSO READ: Google Play Store Vs Apple Store
If you need access to a wide range of software and hardware, or if you need a computer for resource-intensive tasks, a Windows computer may be a better choice.
ALSO READ: How to view saved WiFi password on Android
If you primarily use web-based apps and are looking for an affordable, lightweight, and secure computing solution, a Chromebook may be a better fit.